Gang Edger Operator 1st Posting
OPEN TO ENROLLED MENOMINEE
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Post Closes: Thursday January 17, 2019
Job Title: Gang Edger Operator Status: Regular Full Time
Supervisor: Sawmill Supervisor Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK: Responsible for the proper edging of lumber from head saws and resaw to maximize value, volume, and product quality. Also, properly setting Cants through the gang edger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- Processes lumber through edging equipment using standard edging practices. Looks for snaking or scratching of lumber and notifies quality control specialist if problems arise.
- Must accurately position Cants for processing through the gang saws.
- Assist maintenance crew on major breakdowns.
- Greases and oils edger and other related equipment as needed or as scheduled for preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring worn or broken parts and notifies maintenance crew of such.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Works in extreme hot, cold, noisy, dusty work environment. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear all appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
- Requires the completion of high school diploma or equivalent and preferred 3-6 months experience in operating sawmill edger.
- Completion of NHLA School is preferred.
- Requires completion of hardwood lumber grading short course within 1-year of employment.
- Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma or equivalent.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all relevant documents referenced in the application process, any incomplete applications will be screened out. It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O’Kimosh, Human Resource Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background