Saw Filer open until filled
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Post Closes: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Saw Filer (Day & Night Shifts Available) Status: Regular Full-Time
Supervisor: Plant Manager Rate: Based On Experience
SCOPE OF WORK: Responsible for ensuring double cut band saws are changed in an expedited fashion and repaired correctly to provide a quality cut on lumber. Sharpen, maintain, and repair all double cut band saws and circle saws associated with the small diameter bolt mill.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- Proper swedging, filing, grinding, benching, welding, and straightening techniques.
- Use of hand tools, welder, torches, bench and handheld grinders.
- Changing both band and circle saws safely, quickly, and with precision.
- Aligning band mill wheels and carriage tracks.
- Inspecting dies to detect defects, wear, and verify specifications using micrometers, steel gauges and pins.
- Recognize worn or broken parts in the filing room and on the head rig saw.
- Assist maintenance crew with major repair projects.
- Maintain an adequate reserve/supply of band saw and circular saw blades, as well as, swedger and grinder parts.
- Correctly grind band mill wheels during shut down.
- Maintain a clean working area.
- Work independently, efficiently, with minimal supervision.
- Communicate well with surrounding machine operators to maintain production.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work in extreme hot, cold, dusty, noisy work environment. Must be able to climb, lift up to 75 lbs., and maneuver in tight quarters. Must wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires high school diploma or equivalency and a minimum of one (plus) years’ experience in filing and maintaining band saws, experience on double cuts preferred. Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- 1. Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma or equivalent.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
- Copy of Driver License if applicable
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all relevant documents referenced in the application process, any incomplete applications will be screened out. It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Antoine Chevalier, Human Resource Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background