Timber Marker 1st posting
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Post Closes: 11/16/17 3:00 pm
Job Title: Timber Marker Status: Regular Full Time
Supervisor: Timber Marker Supervisor Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK: This position assists lead workers with various technical/forestry management relating to timber marking and harvesting operations. Performs primary duty of marking timber with hand held paint gun.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- Identifying various tree species.
- Reservation geography, and more specifically, the Menominee Forest.
- Wetland ordinance and setting up blue lines.
- Interpret and apply the silvicultural prescriptions within the required introductory period.
- Interpreting stand and road maps and identifying boundary layouts.
- Operating chainsaws safely.
- Identifying archeological, cultural, or burial sites and reporting to appropriate personnel.
- Complete daily project/unit tally sheet.
- Assist in harvest preparation by marking timber stands, which would include using BA stick and paint gun.
- Perform routine maintenance on paint gun, company vehicle, equipment, building and grounds keeping.
- Assist in a variety of surveys, such as, but not limited to; wildlife, tree reproduction, insects, pine cone, acorn, and diseases.
- Provide written and/or verbal updates on activities, as required.
- Stand, walk, and bend, throughout entire shift, to accomplish assigned projects.
- Efficiently maneuver and mark timber in deep snow while wearing snow shoes.
- Take initiative and perform duties within expected time frames with minimal or no supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Works in extreme hot, cold, dusty, humid, bug infested, poison oak & ivy, rough terrain, and other undesireable environmental conditions for extended periods throughout the year. Must be capable of walking cross country for extended distances (up to 5 miles) and periods of time (up to 8 hours). Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear all appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (plus) months experience in a natural resource related field.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be insurable under MTE insurance standards.
- Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- 1. Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma or equivalent.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all relevant documents referenced in the application process, any incomplete applications will be screened out. It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Antoine Chevalier, Human Resource Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background