Lumber Cut for All Uses
MTE Wood has been a leading lumber supplier in Northern Wisconsin for generations. Cut stock is available on a consistent basis throughout the year, with an average width of 7 to 7.5 inches and on a random length basis — MTE's wood species mix includes: Eastern White Pine, Eastern Hemlock, Hard Maple, Yellow Birch, American Beech, Northern Red Oak, and American Basswood.
6 Classes of MTE Lumber
To place an order for any of MTE's sustainably harvested lumber, contact our team.
Veneer quality logs are available in major and minor species throughout the year. These veneer logs are random length ranging from 8 to 16 feet, with diameters being 13 inches and larger. MTE scalers select potential veneer logs with final selection being made by buyers. Pricing reflects a premium for certified product. Veneer Logs will give you a fine wood appearance.
Veneer Log Uses
Veneer is the thin slices of wood often used to finish core panels on floors, doors, cabinets, and furniture. By peeling the trunk of the tree or slicing from large blocks of wood called flitches, wood workers can obtain thin sheets of wood around 1/8 inch or less.
For the best lumber cut from sustainable logging and forest management, contact MTE.
In keeping with traditions of full utilization of harvested material, inferior timber falling short of the cut for quality lumber finds its own purpose as well. Pulpwood is often used for paper, but can serve as the raw material for oriented strand board (OSB) or particle board.
Our long term business plans call for the development of a log sorting and whole log chipping facility to be located in Neopit, Wisconsin. Currently, mixed hardwood and softwood species of pulpwood are available in the round form.
Wood by-products offer additional opportunities to use the whole tree harvest. Besides our quality lumber, MTE also offers the following Wood By-Products for sale:
- Chips – Wood chips from MTE can be used for a wide variety of purposes, from landscaping material to wood fuel. Wood chips are available to meet any specifications required.
- Bark – fibers from tree bark can be used to make cork, canoes, basket materials, and even healthcare applications.
- Sawdust – Sawdust is often used by loggers to provide traction on compacted snow, and is excellent at absorbing liquid spills.
- Hog Fuel – Hog fuel is a different type of wood chip; it is unprocessed and commonly used for fuel, animal feed, and landfill or landscaping applications.
- Shavings – Wood shavings make high quality bedding for horses and other domesticated mammals, large or small. The shavings insulate body heat while the animal rests, ensuring good health.
Kiln dried wood from MTE is less likely to distort, stain or warp due to the evaporation of moisture in the wood. Insects are also killed during the drying process. In order for pallet wood to be shipped internationally, kiln drying or heat treating is often required. MTE kiln dried wood suppliers offer wood for use in pallets and any other wood material applications.
Menominee Tribal Enterprises has 6 kilns for the drying of wood:
- Our two newest kilns have a drying capacity from 370,000 FBM to 450,000 FBM
- Operating on 12 day cycles, 350 days/year
- An average of 2.5 million board feet of kiln dried lumber is produced per year