Lumber Sales Rep.
OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
POSTING CLOSES: Monday September 21, 2020
JOB TITLE: Lumber Sales Rep
SUPERVISOR: Sales Manager
SCOPE OF WORK:
Responsible for contacting current and prospective customers to generate sales of MTE lumber and forest products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
1. Stay abreast of economic conditions affecting forest product sales
2. Develop strategies to meet inventory turnover rates
3. Understand lumber measurements, terminology, grades, quality, and lumber associations
4. Familiar with the sawmill, forestry, lumber and value added forest products
5. Math pertaining to fractions and decimals to accurately analyze forest product sales
6. Maintaining professional relationships with customers
7. Contact current customers and prospective customers for business opportunities
8. Evaluate customer's needs and advise customer of product availability and delivery
9. Provide price quotes, estimated shipping costs, estimated delivery dates, and other related sales factors
10. Take initiative, work independently and be a self-starter with limited supervision
11. Attend sales and trade functions for current sales trends, market conditions and new developments in forest related industry
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requires working under tight deadlines to meet sales goals. Requires extensive (overnight) travel. Requires compliance with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalency and the completion of some post high school technical education in business/marketing. Associates and Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business/Marketing. Must have successfully completed the NHLA Inspector Training School. Must have a minimum of 3 (plus) years' experience with Hardwood/Softwood grading. Must have knowledge of sales code and ability to interpret rules and regulations. Must possess excellent interpersonal relations' skills and demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills. Must be a strong advocate of lumber industry standards, both ethically and professionally. Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver's License and be insurable under MTE insurance standards. Must possess good work ethic and excellent work attendance and be a team player.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal Enrollment
3. Copy of diploma or equivalent
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
NOTE: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O'Kimosh, Human Resources Director
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO BOX 10, Neopit Wi 54150
CALL: 715-756-2311 ext 1137/1168/1135 if any questions
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.