Timbco Operator Internal Posting
OPEN TO MTE EMPLOYEES ONLY
NOTE: MTE internal postings are open only to MTE regular and temporary full time employees who are enrolled Menominee. Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Posting Closes: Sunday, May 26, 2019
Job Title: Timbco Operator Status: RFT
Supervisor: TBD Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Timbco and Forklift machinery used in unloading, loading, hauling and moving logs and lumber throughout the mill yard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the following:
- Must follow heavy equipment safe operating practices of forwarders and forklifts.
- Log, bolts, and lumber species for identification in accurate sorting, piling, and delivery to the appropriate location.
- Weight and height restrictions and electrical hazards on mill grounds.
- FIFO (first-in, first-out) log inventory and lumber practices.
- Maneuver heavy equipment in tight places.
- Perform light maintenance on equipment when necessary.
- Notify supervisor immediately of equipment breakdown or unsafe equipment concerns.
- Attend training that will increase overall knowledge of the log and lumber landing operation.
- Assist other areas throughout the small mill operation; banding, chipper watch, clean-up, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Works in extreme hot, cold, noisy, dusty work environment. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear all appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalency and requires up to 3 months experience in operating log hauling equipment, forklift and/or front-end loader. Valid heavy equipment certification is preferable, or must attain heavy equipment certification thru MTE within 1st year of employment. Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma or equivalent.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O’Kimosh, Human Resource Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background