Forester THA Open until filled
OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Posting Closes: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Forester THA Status: RFT
Supervisor: Forester THA Supervisor Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK:
Administer the timber harvest activities and enforce contract compliance. Assist with the management, development and protection of the forest. Expand the Timber Harvest Program that will lead to further development. Works independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- DNR Forestry Best Management Practices and MTL Wetland Ordinance.
- Award procedures for spring and fall awarding.
- Forestry Management Plan and Reservation geography.
- Tree species and log grade.
- Proper felling and bucking techniques.
- Provision of the logging agreements.
- Supervise and administering timber harvest activities, and supervising staff.
- Inspect harvest sites for compliance.
- Conducting pre-harvest inspections of assigned award units to ensure the unit is ready for harvest.
- Monitor logging contractor performance by periodic site audit to ensure adherence to contract compliance provisions, ensure that treatment meets prescription requirements, take corrective measures when needed and issue assessments when necessary.
- Monitors progress of mill contracts to ensure scheduled flow of products to sawmill and related forest product sales compared to projected goals.
- Communicate with logging contractors and crew about necessary information regarding contract provisions, silviculture goals and objectives, both written and oral.
- Educate logging contractors on silviculture goals and objectives.
- Train loggers on optimizing grade.
- Allocated pulpwood delivery tickets to contractors and monitor monthly delivery balances based on species, customer quotas and projected goals.
- Process, monitor and audit forest products, scale tickets, and accounts payable system to ensure proper credits to specific contractors.
- Assist in seasonal analysis and preparation for awarding harvest units.
- Scaling pulp, and scaling and grading saw logs.
- Educate community and resource professionals on MTE silvicultural goals and objectives.
- Pursue innovation approaches to harvesting techniques that will lead to further protection of the resource and increase profitability of MTE.
- Ensure that all certificates, required documents and performance bonds are complete and current.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Works in extreme hot, cold, dusty, humid, bug infested, poison oak & ivy, rough terrain, and other undesirable environmental conditions. Requires extensive walking, climbing, bending, and operation of equipment. Required to wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE. Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. Must wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in Forest Administration or Forest Management, and a minimum of one (plus) years experience in forest management or logging supervision. Must have skills in computers, conflict management, time management GPS experience and writing reports within tight deadlines. Must possess strong interpersonal relations and communication skills, both written and oral. Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, insurable by current MTE insurance standards. Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- Completed application with attached resume.
- Copy of Tribal enrollment.
- Copy of diploma and transcripts.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O’Kimosh, Human Resource Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.