Mobile Equipment Mechanic Internal Posting
OPEN TO MTE EMPLOYEES ONLY
NOTE: MTE internal postings are open only to MTE regular and temporary full time employees who are enrolled Menominee. Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Post Closes: January 14, 2019 4:30pm
Job Title: Mobile Equipment Mechanic Status: RFT
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor Rate: BOE
SCOPE OF WORK:
This Position is responsible for mobile equipment that is used throughout the plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- Service, maintain, and repair all company owned vehicles and mobile equipment.
- Replace braking systems. (Brake shoes, brake chambers, slack adjusters and properly adjust brakes).
- Using impact wrenches, compression testers, and other diagnostic equipment.
- Maintain and inventory of shop tools and monitoring check out systems.
- Replacing tires and repairing punctures.
- Maintain logs and records of maintenance activities.
- Assemble gears to synchronize and align with other gears.
- Dismantle heavy equipment and reassemble for proper working order.
- Operate heavy equipment to diagnose defects and determine effective repairs.
- Diagnose vehicle or equipment by use of multimeters, calipers, rulers and diagnostic equipment.
- Research manuals and schematics for proper assembly and directions for correct repair.
- Proper disposal of oils and other toxic materials in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work in extreme hot, cold, noisy, dusty work environment. Must be able to lift up to 75lbs. Must wear all appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires 2 years of proven experience in maintaining and repairing heavy equipment, including diesel, gas, and hydraulics. Basic welding is required. A two year Associates Degree in heavy equipment maintenance is preferred. A valid MTE heavy equipment certification must be obtained within 1 year of employment. Must have own tools including but not limited to wrenches, sockets, pliers, crescent wrenches, and other mechanical tools. Must possess good work ethic, excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma / equivalent and/or Official Transcripts
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork (If applicable)
- Copy of a valid Driver’s license (If applicable)
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all relevant documents referenced in the application process, any incomplete applications will be screened out. It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O’Kimosh, Human Resource Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background