OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Posting Closes: Friday February 26, 2021
Job Title: Accounting Administration Status: RFT
Supervisor: Accounting Supervisor Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK:
Responsible for accurate data entry, processing, and timely completion of all accounting department administrative duties including but not limited to; Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll functions. Must interact cooperatively and professionally with fellow accounting staff members, other MTE employees, logging personnel, and other outside parties. Good judgment must be exercised in the timing of tasks and the resolution of problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- Enter all MTE sales orders & returns following the sales order entry process and convert the orders to invoices following the invoice process.
- Accurately calculate lumber and forest products measurements and apply prices
- Perform sales order/invoice filing and support duties.
- Enter pulp, bolt and log tickets into the TSA production database and Report to Sales.
- Maintain customer master file.
- Prepare daily, weekly and month-end sales reports, statements and reconciliations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and Great Plains Software.
Accounts Payable/Invoice Matching
- Assure invoice matches documentation, confirm approval signatures, and verify G/L account assignment prior to the timely processing of computer generated accounts payable checks.
- Schedule payments to take advantage of available discounts and maintain good vendor relations and credit-worthiness.
- Maintain up-to-date vendor data.
- Prepare, sort, and mail accounts payable checks.
- Post the daily cash receipts, accurately apply payments to customer accounts, and maintain documentation. of customer balances. 15. Post weekly fuel and daily warehouse sales
- 16. Post logger/employee payments to fuel/warehouse accounts.
- 14. Prepare daily bank deposit.
- 13. Prepare monthly statements, A/R Aging Reports, and/or additional documents
Payrolls – MTE & Loggers
- Collect, organize and verify the entry of documents as necessary for accurate and timely weekly
payroll processing. Print MTE direct deposits and/or logger payroll checks.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all payroll records.
- Maintain records of employee payroll, exemptions, and deductions.
20. Assist with other related payroll activities.
Other Accounting Duties
- Must maintain organized files, paper and/or digital, of accounting source documents according to the record retention policy.
- Prepare additional reports and perform data entry and/or processing on a daily,monthly, and year-end basis.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with bank reconciliation and year-end tax activities.
- Maintain employee auto insurance file and send expiration notices.
- Cross-train in all areas of the Accounting Department.
- Must maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager or Accounting Supervisor.
May be required to work under tight deadlines and perform repetitive tasks. Requires the exercise of safe office practices and compliance with all MTE safety policies and practices.
Requires an Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of one year experience in an accounting/ business operation or, high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years accounting experience. Requires excellent, oral, written communication skills, proficiency in the use of PC, calculator, and other office equipment. Must have good work ethic, basic math, spreadsheet, and word processing aptitude, knowledge of internal control procedures and excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma or equivalent.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O’Kimosh, Human Resource Director
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.