Lumber Sorter GREEN CHAIN
OPEN TO ENROLLED MENOMINEE
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Post Closes: Wednesday November 23, 2022
Job Title: Lumber Sorter (Green Chain)
Supervisor: Sawmill Operations Manager
SCOPE OF WORK:
Responsible for the accurate and efficient sorting of lumber by grade and length on the green chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ADN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
1. Balance workload; work cooperatively with others to maximize production and minimize chain downtime
2. Sort and stack lumber by grade, species, length, and thickness
3. Release and re-spot lumber set-ups as well as assist each other from front and back of green chain
4. Band and wrap lumber for storage and shipping
5. Maneuver lumber stacks on rollers while being attentive to others around you
6. Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area
7. Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Works in extreme hot, cold, noisy, dusty industrial environment. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear all appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalency. Must have up to three months working knowledge of grade marks and proper stacking techniques of lumber. Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal enrollment
3. Copy of diploma/ equivalent and/or official transcripts
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
5. Copy of a valid Driver's license
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Mariah Reiter and Samantha Pecore
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10 Neopit WI 54150
CALL: 715-756-3353 or 715-756-3350 If any questions
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.