Steam Plant Supervisor
OPEN THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Post Closes: Tuesday December 05, 2023
Job Title: Steam Plant Supervisor Status: RFT
Supervisor: Equipment & Facilities Manager Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for supervision of Steam Plant Operators, boilers, boiler controls, feed water
pumps, conveyors and all steam-related functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
1. Steam plant operations.
2. Testing water and adding chemicals accordingly.
3. Experience in planning, leading, organizing, and monitoring the work of other employees.
4. Maintaining industrial boilers, steam plants, and production equipment.
5. Maintaining an adequate supply of water treatment chemicals.
6. Fabricating parts when needed.
7. Repairing and replacing steam traps, and leaky steam valves in dry kilns.
8. Interpersonal relations and communicating effectively.
9. Re-pipes steam and condensate lines throughout plant.
10. Schedule relief workers if regular operator is absent.
11. Work with purchasing for parts needed for scheduled and emergency repairs.
12. Maintain updates of impending problems of steam plant with the supervisor.
13. Provide direction for all maintenance projects on system.
14. Repair condensate pump and maintain tank(s) throughout plant.
15. Complete time cards for steam plant personnel.
16. Ensure that all work areas are maintained in a clean, safe condition.
17. Assists mill maintenance crew in other areas of mill.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work in extreme weather conditions. Work in dusty and noisy work environments. Must wear appropriate
safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalency, and, five (5) years’ experience in the operation of
maintenance of steam plant system. Requires significant knowledge of steam plant systems and a high
school level skill in maintaining plumbing and heating equipment. Must possess good work ethic with
excellent work attendance and be a team player. If applicants are previous employees of Menominee
Tribal Enterprises, they must have a positive past work record and history of positive job performance.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal enrollment
3. Copy of diploma or equivalent.
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Mariah Reiter Human Resources Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-3353 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background