OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended
POSTING CLOSES: Friday June 18, 2021
JOB TITLE: Utility Worker STATUS: RFT
SUPERVISOR: Lumber Yard Supervisor RATE: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK:
Responsible for maintenance laborer, cleanup, and replacement worker for all non-operator positions throughout the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
1. Plant wide cleanup including using the mobile equipment as needed
2. Identify worn or broken parts
3. Using hand tools
4. Serve as backup or replacement for any entry level manufacturing position
5. Perform errands in getting supplies, equipment, and assisting maintenance
6. Ability to clean at various heights and levels
7. Accept training for future equipment operation to become a Skilled Utility Worker
8. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Works in extreme hot, cold, noisy, dusty work environment. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalency. Must have up to three months experience in lumber manufacturing. Must possess good work ethic and excellent work attendance and be a team player.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal enrollment
3. Copy of diploma or equivalent
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O'Kimosh, Human Resources Director
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10 Neopit Wi 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.