OPEN TO GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended.
Posting Closes: Friday June 18, 2021
Job Title: Lumber Edgings Catcher Status: RFT
Supervisor: Sawmill Supervisor Rate: TBD
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for catching lumber edgings behind the gang edger safely and quickly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
- Sawmill lumber edging practices.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of lumber species, according to NHLA rules.
- Identifying improperly edged boards and pulling for re-manufacturing by edger.
- Safely removing lumber edgings to send down the conveyor to chipping room.
- Recognizing maintenance needs of equipment and report to supervisor.
- Participate in training under direction of the supervisor.
- Must keep work area clean.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Works in extreme hot, cold, noisy, dusty, work environment. Must be able to lit up to 75 lbs. Must wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. NHLA certificate is preferred. Position requires completion of lumber grading short course within 1 year of employment. Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
- Completed application
- Copy of Tribal enrollment
- Copy of diploma or equivalent.
- Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Levi O’Kimosh, Human Resource Director
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1137/1168/1135 if any questions.