Heavy Equipment Operator
OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended
Posting Closes: Friday September 29, 2023
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Supervisor: Roads Supervisor
SCOPE OF WORK:
Proper and safe operation of heavy equipment to include: road grader, front-end loader, dozer, back-hoe, dump trucks, excavator, snow plow, skid steer, semi's and lowboy tractor trailer for the effective maintenance of general reservation forestry roads, BIA roads, and applicable construction projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
1. Safe and efficient operations of heavy equipment for road maintenance and long periods of time.
2. Proper ditching, road reshaping, culvert installation and culvert cleaning periodically, shoulder cleaning, bridge maintenance, snow removal and ice control.
3. Establish proper grades and slopes appropriate for the terrain, types of traffic, and soil conditions.
4. Follow proper Best Management Practices (BMP's) for water quality.
5. Perform pre-operational vehicle inspections.
6. Performing light maintenance on the heavy equipment.
7. Interpretation and utilization of maps.
8. Identify and inform supervisor of unsafe conditions.
9. Use equipment such as, hand tools, power saws, and hand compactors when necessary.
10. Maintain records of equipment, maintenance, and fuel.
11. Maintain job site records of materials, equipment, and labor hours.
12. Load and safely secure equipment on trailers for transport to various sites.
13. Assist mobile equipment mechanics with major heavy equipment repairs.
14. Work overtime and accept call-in duties as requested.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold. Work in dangerous, noisy, dusty environments. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear all necessary protective clothing and equipment and comply with all safety policies and procedures of MTE.
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must currently possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License Class A.
3. Must be insurable under MTE standards.
4. 6 months experience in operation of roads construction and road maintenance equipment or an equivalent combination is preferred.
5. Experience with light maintenance of heavy equipment is preferred.
6. Must have good work ethic and excellent work attendance and be a team player.
7. If applicants are previous employees of Menominee Tribal Enterprises, they must have a positive past work record and history of positive job performance.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal enrollment
3. Copy of diploma or equivalent
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Human Resources Department
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit WI 54150
Call: 715-756-3353 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.