Machine Shop Supervisor
OPEN TO ENROLLED MENOMINEE
NOTE: Selection process is in accordance with Chapter 170, as amended
POST CLOSES: Tuesday November 22, 2022
JOB TITLE: Machine Shop Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: Equipment & Facilities Manager
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Equipment and Facilities Manager, the Machine Shop Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of the mobile equipment used throughout the plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, ability to perform the following;
1. Proper operation of mobile machinery and related equipment.
2. Safe equipment dismantling, assembly, and installation techniques.
3. Utilizing proper hand and power tools for the maintenance of equipment.
4. Proper lock out and tag out procedures.
5. Assisting staff with the fabrication of replacement parts when it is more cost effective.
6. Basic welding and machining of metal parts.
7. Prepares maintenance schedules for motor vehicles and notifies drivers and operators when
maintenance is to be performed.
8. Maintains database of maintenance and repair records for company vehicles and equipment
9. Hires and trains shop staff.
10. Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of shop employees..
11. Appropriately assign work orders to staff that can efficiently and effectively repair designated
breakdowns or equipment maintenance.
12. Prioritize work orders to ensure production targets are met.
13. Work collaboratively with the purchasing department for all parts and materials required.
14. Maintain a cost-effective inventory of regular and special parts and supplies.
15. Participate in necessary training or education to effectively maintain machinery and related equipment
16. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Works in extreme hot, cold, dusty, noisy environment. Must be able to lift up to 75lbs. Must wear
appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
1. Must have obtained ASE Certification in medium heavy trucks and be willing to maintain
Directly supervises staff in the Machine Shop.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal enrollment
3. Copy of diploma or equivalent.
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
Note: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Mariah Reiter, HR Generalist
Menominee Tribal Enterprises, PO Box 10, Neopit, WI 54150
Call: 715-756-2311 ext. 1168 or 1135 if any questions.
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.