OPEN TO ENROLLED MENOMINEE
POST CLOSES: Wednesday September 28, 2022
JOB TITLE: Trimmer Operator
SUPERVISOR: Lumber Surfacing Operation Supervisor
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the trimming machinery at trimmer capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the following:
1. Operating the trimmer to trim lumber for maximum production and yield according to grader specifications
2. Monitor and maintaining saws, keyboards, sensors, and limit switches associated with all trimmer equipment
3. Interpret grade and trim instructions and operate the trimmer at capacity
4. Checking saw for sharpness for proper maintenance
5. Change the saw blades as needed
6. Trim lumber to maximize the lumber grade and meet order specifications
7. Will perform and assist with routine maintenance, such as, oil, greasing and cleaning of all trimmer equipment, sensors and keyboards
8. Identify broken/worn, mechanical defects, and report to supervisor for repairs or replacement
9. Maintain a clean, neat and safe work area
10. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Works in extreme hot, cold, dusty, noisy, work environment. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Must wear appropriate safety apparel and equipment and comply with all safety policies and practices of MTE.
Requires high school diploma or equivalency, and, a minimum of 3 plus months experience in operating lumber trimmer machinery. Must have general understanding of softwood/hardwood grade rules. Completion of sawing, edging, short courses preferred. Must possess good work ethic with excellent work attendance and be a team player.
1. Completed application
2. Copy of Tribal Enrollment
3. Copy of diploma or equivalent
4. Honorable or general military discharge paperwork
NOTE: It is not the responsibility of MTE to notify you of incomplete applications
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Mariah Reiter HR Department
MTE PO Box 10 Neopit WI 54150
CALL: 715-756-3353 If any questions
*Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check.